Friday, March 21, 2008

Re: Facebook

Original post at http://abuzzweekly.blogspot.com/

I agree with this post. Facebook is a great tool for keeping in touch with friends and upcoming events. However, once something is put on the internet it creates future problems. There are most likely pictures on my facebook that will not look so great if my kid were co stumble upon them one day. However, this is become a fact everyone needs to deal with. I first remember thinking about how facebook or myspace could be a problem when applying for college. I questioned if pictures of myself could possible be found on the internet and how easily. Would it be as simple as just googling myself and possible finding images that would damage my character and hurt my chances to get into college? This internal debate over how much information to have available still troubles me. Like most college students I check my facebook several times a day to find the latest news of what friends are doing and see the previous weekends not so glorious actions captured in photos. Potentially damaging photos on the internet is becoming a fact of society that everyone has to live with.

No comments: